Another successful battle of the weekend warrior Pollyanna! We triumphantly conquered backpacking this weekend at Mt Hood.... although we never saw the top of Mt Hood until we were driving away. But we did see amazing waterfalls at Ramona falls!! The hike wasn't as long as we origionally planned because of some trail closures, so it was kind of an active/lazy weekend. We arrived at camp after a 4 mile downhill hike and sat in the shade and read under the coziness of our sleeping bag... at 2:00 in the afternoon. Now that's roughin' it. We made indian food for dinner at sat around the campfire (yes, we made a campfire! It only too about 45 min to get it started...) and read. Paul packed in his Harry Potter book because he is an obsessed nerd, although I can't say that my Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment is a small book either (but at least it's paperback!). In the morining we hiked out the 4 miles mostly uphill (2000 ft elevation gain!) and we were on our way and back home in time to get some errands done. Well, at least I did... Paul quickly became unconscious for 2 hours as he usually does after our weekend adventures or bike rides.
Here are some pics from our trip!



The most beautiful cascading waterfalls ever!!! Pictures don't do it justice, although I kept trying...





RAINBOW!!!


If you look closely, you can see a sign that is sill posted onto the fallen trees. Haha!
Well, this is my last week at Silver Falls Eyecare.... I'm pretty much distraught at leaving, and not looking forward to internal rotations, with all the crazies and rude patients. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice patients, but the stories I have heard from Paul and his clinic mates are some of the worst. Aug! And no vision therapy? Whatever will I do! Woe is me...
I guess I can't complain too much. I get a week off next week!!! I already can't wait for camping at the beach... if anyone wants to come play with us just let us know! climbing, backpacking, hiking, etc. Yah!
No comments:
Post a Comment