Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Retraction of previous post (well, mostly)

Some of you may have checked my blog in the last 11 days (all 2 of you who read this thing) and probably read a spunky little post that went something like this (it has since been removed):

FYI: Paul is quite possibly the greatest, most handsome, personably, social, intelligent, funny, thoughtful, insightful, enlightening, energetic person ever! and did I mention humble! oh yes, very humble ;)

Let me explain. It's not that the above statement isn't true (except maybe for the energetic part...sorry, hun), but it's just that it was written by the sneaky, mischevious little person it is about. Now, although I caught him at it (he's a terrible liar, with a huge grin) I assumed that he wouldn't post it and just delete it. I was wrong, and this is further proof of how he continues to suprise me! (Mostly in good ways... whether this little stunt falls under good or bad, the jury is still out.) So, let me officially apologize to anyone who thought that I was bragging as well as making up adjectives ('personably'???)

As far as an update to my world: I'm still riding a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. I've started saying goodbye to my vision therapy patients at work, which has many mixed emotions. I am of course sad to see them go and break the ties and relationship that I have built with so many patients. At the same time, I have been getting lots of positive feedback about my patient-interaction skills, and it turns out that some people actually like me (go figure). I'm trying to find reasons to look forward to internal rotation, but it's difficult to remain optomistic when I'm leaving a practice that is my dream practice. Well, i'm sure I will need to get the diversity of experience, and it would be good to do more than 2 full exams per week, so I guess maybe it's time to move on....

Paul and I plan on backpacking this weekend, the weather looks like it will be gorgeous. It's nice to be all settled in one place, all my things tidily stuffed into corners of a miniature 1 bdrm apartment. Only another 3 1/2 months before it all turns to chaos again when I leave for rotation#3!!!

enjoy the beautiful sunshine.... or not. :) whichever you prefer....

1 comment:

Joseph Sandiego said...

I was re-reading your comment from a while back.
"Hominy is a confusing food. Don't be ashamed, you aren't the first to confuse it with something edible." is now one of my favorite quotes.