Greg and I drove up on Friday night after he got done with work, at 11:30pm. He did most of the driving and I did what I do best... talking until I pass out. Rambling along in this fashion, we arrived at 5am in seattle to sleep for a bit.
Saturday was filled with good friends (hi Melissa!), beer and good food, in that order. Sunday we went out looking for a yarn store for Eden and I to lust after yarns, but instead we ended up at one of the greatest adventures for poor folks.... dumpster diving for bread! I was appaled at first (as are you, I'm sure), but believe me when I say the dumpsters are not filthy and stinky, they are just filled with really really good, fancy-type bread, and it's still good and all going to waste! It's like going to the store to buy bread, except it's all free and stacked differently.
This pic is our stash, and keep in mind it was distributed among 4 people. Never had so much bread in my car!!!
Don't judge until you've tried it. I have 7 loaves of bread in my freezer, and if you come over you're going to want to try some. Olive, rosemary, challah, pugliese, orange honey... oh yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment