Another great weekend. I really didn't want to come back to work, although clinic has been going much better lately.
Saturday Paul and I had a housewarming potluck. It was SO WONDERFUL to see all of my favorite people from optometry school, although some were missing. Sorry if you were unable to make it, but we are accepting rainchecks and would be happy to do a dinner party again soon! We have enough wine for another party, that's for sure. Okay, people, the whole idea behind a potluck is to cook/bake something and bring it... So you can show of your sweet cooking skills, even if you think you don't have any. And I suppose I can't really complain, because now we are well-equiped winos, but on saturday everyone brought wine.. which we love! But it gives you a headache unless there's food to go with it!!! Oh well, there was enough salad and risotto and ice cream to go around and everyone seemed like they had a fabu-loso time.
Sunday was a crazy day of physical challenges! I went climbing with my other (taller) half at a climbing gym in Portland. We had an interesting time there... Paul was lead climbing, so he sets the rope as he goes... well, you can fall big when you lead climb, and he sure did. He was 40 feet up, near the top, and I was belaying him. He took a fall and fell about 25 feet, and I fell UPwards about 10 feet. I always scream bloody murder when I fall up or down, and this was no exception... we had the attention of the entire gym. When we stopped, I could grab his ankle we were so close... he almost fell on my head! We laughed about it, but in the future I am going to give him less slack, and/or tie myself to the ground or something that weighs more than 30 pounds. For outdoor climbing it would be great if we could set up a cable like they do for dogs, so I could have the freedom to run back and forth while still being tied down. ha!
This weekend we are going to Smith rock, to do some real rock climbing. Don't worry, I'll make sure I'm lashed to the ground somehow. Maybe I should start eating fast food and desserts all the time to close that 70 pound weight difference....
Stay tuned for more fun summer adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment