Friday I went to Zero Gravity for a benefit party for Amigos, and since it had a dress-up theme I just HAD to go ('Trip to the Tropics'). It was more fun than I expected, even for a divey club in forest grove! I ended up dancing for about 3 hours and staying until the place closed down. All the first year opt students were having a 'ugly sweater' party, and they showed up fashionably late in their fashionable attire. It went really well with the 'tropical' theme of the party... although I was the only person in a sarong!
Saturday was also busy, and although I didn't study much, I think I needed the break. Melissa came out and I gave her one of my extra-special, extra-long eye exams. (She's going to take a look at my teeth sometime soon, and i'm sure lecture me about how bad they are. ) Anyway, after that we went into Portland, and ended up at Duff's Garage to listen to a band, the guitarist is her current boss and my ex-boss. Well, we were the youngest people there by about 15 years, and we got introduced to the whole bar because Tom (the boss/ex-boss) said hello to us over the microphone. And the rest of the night was spent trying to get melissa drunk enough to dance (success!) and trying to fend of tipsy sweaty guys but generally having a good time. Again, another 3 hours of dancing but this time without the help of EtOH, so I was feeling pretty tired. Actually, the next day my legs were sore from dancing so much. Which is AWEOMSE! It was definetly a successful weekend.
Want to see my dining room?

BIKES!!!
Here's something fun: I can graph your binocular vision... (well, it's fun for me... you get to sit through tests were i make your eyes cross and your accommodation strain so hard you become aware of muscles you didn't even know you had...)

I know this sounds lame, but I'm really bummed that I can't watch the Oscar's this year (work). I think Jon Stewart is the funniest thing since... well, since Cheney shot someone, which hasn't been very long. (SORRY! you're right... that isn't funny.... ) If anyone knows if there will be Oscar clips online, let me know... it's not really worth recording though. I don't care about the movies much, especially since I haven't seen most of them.
Well, apparently drinking green tea at noon is enough to keep me up for 12 hours, cause I'm wired and don't want to go to bed. But i'll regret it tomorrow if i don't find a way to get some sleep. Thank goodness for melatonin... if you're lucky i'll write an entry tomorrow about all the totally whack dreams that i'll have tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment