Friday, February 03, 2006

settling in

Well it has been a while... but i think i'm ready to get back to blogging. I just needed a little hiatus...

Winter Vacation:
New Year's Even in San Luis Obispo. (I cannot take responsibility for my attire... those crazy girls in the middle dressed me. )

Tahoe, skiing by myself on the best ski day they had all season. (Thank you Leslie and Bill!!!) I am now officially addicted to skiing... it's an expensive habit and I'm looking for a good support group. 'Hello, my name is leanna and i love snow....'

Four weeks of school have gone by, sucked into the vacuum that is 'history'. so far... it isn't as bad as i though. Although I did do horribly on the first test... and i failed my first proficiency... I just chalk that up to January. See, January was a bad month. I think it should be thrown out of the calendar system. It just reeks of post-holiday let-down and cold, cold days and drudgery. February, on the other hand, has potential. It is sitll dead of winter, but there is hope... spring is right around the corner, the days are noticibly longer... and best of all about February, people sound silly when they pronounce it. So yes, Febreware-y is going to be a good month.

The status of my schedule right now: 1-2 midterms per week all semester long, 1-2 exams every week, miscellaneous lab work, tutoring for systemic 2 hour per week, and studying. I am at school for 12 hours days more often than not. And, somehow, i don't mind. I love what I'm doing... I mean, I'm learning to gather data and analyze it and diagnose a patient (scary words), all within 90 minutes!!! Although, right now, the thought of seeing real, live patients in 3 months is flat out terrifying. Their eyeballs will be in my hands!!! (eww.....)

Speaking of practicing for exams... anyone who i haven't already asked yet, i would love to look at your eyeballs. I will make your eyes do tricks for me, shine lights in them and make them go cross-eyed. A good time will be had by all, i promise. And i'll get to find out if my instruction set works on people who actually DON'T know what i'm doing. I already have Greg and Kira penciled in (I can't wait!!!!)....

Today I finally will be hanging stuff up in my apartment. I just couldn't bring myself to fully unpack at first... i've been moving so much lately it's hard to convince my inner vagabond that we are actually going to stay in one place for over a year. I hope having things bolted to the walls will help with that... and having my bikes out of the middle of the walkway will help too. I am turning my dining room into a garage... maybe I'll post a picture when it's all done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo Leanna-

In case you haven't been reading my blog lately (and, really, who hasn't? :) ), we are skiing addicts too and we are on the mountain every weekend. And when I say every weekend, I mean it. Therefore, whenever you want to go, let me know and you have a free ride, though not a free lift ticket. That, you have to take care of yourself.