Once again, it's just me in a big empty house.
Greg and Eden (the adorable, new couple) just came up to visit me from California. We had a great time, and I wish they could have stayed longer. They managed to drag me into Portland for the day yesterday, and I didn't study at all! (okay, well maybe for a little bit....). I actually forgot about school for a whole 3 hours... it was fabulous.
This week is actually going to be a little more stress-free than normal. I ONLY have a huge proficiency, and I've practiced a ton for it. We don't have another test until sometime next week, when the 'two-a-week' starts up again. So I plan to be all caught up by then... I also plan to watch a movie tonight and slack a little bit. I still feel a little under the weather, and although I had fun this weekend, I'm a little worn out.
So two more weeks until Tom gets back. I think I can handle that. This week will probably be the worst because I have more spare time. I'll just have to get hugs from all my friends at school a lot. Or people at the supermarket... yes, this actually happened. I was in line at SAfeway, feeling extremely clautrophobic because the people behind me were crowding me... and without realizing it, i started crying. The family standing (too close) behind me in line took it upon themselves to console me, as I explained it was just optometry school and i didn't realize i was crying. It was so strange! But kinda nice... in that weird, small-town way. Even their 9-year old daughter gave me a hug. It made me smile... and get out of there quick. Mental note: try not to cry in public, if possible.
study study.
1 comment:
I know what you mean...grad school is brutal. I'm glad you got to visit with Eden and Greg. I guess I have to quit fantasizing about Eden....
Post a Comment