I can't believe it's been 5 months that Willow has been in our lives! In some way it has flown by. In other ways, it feels like she has always been with us, and I can't imagine life without her. She is so sweet and so much fun, and every minute I get to spend with her is wonderful! (even the fussy minutes, which are infrequent thankfully)
She is learning to roll over, but motivation is low. I think she could do it if she really cared to try. Sitting up is a new fun thing to practice, she does well when propped up. Still a bit of a bobble head, but not too bad. The best new change is her giggles! It doesn't happen often, she's more of a 'quiet observer' type. But when we nuzzle her and make noises, sometimes she finds that very funny and has the cutest squealing laughter!!! Makes my day.
Here are some pictures. Then I'm going to bed. Willow likes to wake up at least 1 or 2 times a night still, and then her day starts around 5:30.... and so does mine.
Get ready for picture overload...
 |
| Fox in the backyard! He comes to visit solely to taunt Ginger... |
 |
| We had a 'suite' when we went up to Steamboat Springs for the conference. Such a lifesaver! this was the living room, and then there was a separate bedroom, with a DOOR we could shut (mostly), so Willow could sleep. She slept in the closet, actually... |
 |
| Diaper changing station. Combo of cloth and disposables. |
 |
| Our view of the mountain from our hotel window! Kinda nice being on the 6th floor. |
 |
| Saturday: I lectured for 3 hrs in the morning, we hiked for 1.5 hours early afternoon, and got back just as a storm blew in. I took a nap next to the window with the sound of the rain pattering (lectures make me sleepy after). And then, a rainbow! |
Now a few words from Miss Willow (or Lil Twig, as my mom calls her...)
 |
| Yah, I'm 5 months old! (+2 days...) |
 |
| What's that? Did you say I look as cute as a cupcake? |
 |
| Well, don't mind if I do... |
 |
| Turns out mama likes to dress me up like a doll after all... |
 |
| I like sitting in the bumbo! |
 |
| Plucky is my buddy |
 |
| Pssst... don't tell mom... I pooped already. Haha! |
 |
| Love sittin up on the couch! |
 |
| Rolls on rolls on rolls... |
 |
| I learned how to grab mommy's hair!!! |
 |
| mmmmm... I'm not sure I like this spot anymore.... |
 |
| Oh, some jiggles and wiggles have got me happy again. We're good. |
 |
| Family!!! |
 |
| Does this Bumbo make my butt look big? |
 |
| Tummy time isn't so bad anymore. I get to look at my gorgeous face in the mirror... |
 |
| What's that you say? I'm cute as a button? Well thank you. Yes I am. |
No comments:
Post a Comment