Well, to review, we had a fabulous time last sunday on a family outing. Paul and I decided to brave the heat and go to an art gallery. In this little gallery in Golden, there was a Chihuly exhibit! It was amazing, although we couldn't take pictures inside. We forgot the ergo (baby carrier), but fortunately we had a blanket that we fashioned into a sling of sorts. It worked really well, and I got to snuggle with Willow as we walked around the gallery. She was getting sleepy, so I put her hat on and gave her the paci, and she was asleep in no time. (The hat blocked out all the pretty new things to look at...). The whole time she didn't make a peep!
| Outside the museum, happy baby in homemade sling |
She looooves her fingers. She will sometimes suck her thumb, but more often she tries to put her whole fist in her mouth.
| Tasty treats, always at hand. |
Here's a video of her chattering and eating her hand.
Also, she 90% rolled over the other day! Just a little help from me. She basically hates being on her tummy, and she arches her back so much that she just about flops over. I think she's a little surprised about the whole thing...
Paul has been absolutely loving his time with Willow. Even a rough day is still a wonderful day, we both agree. But we can't neglect our fur baby... Ginger still gets plenty of attention. Especially since she gave us a scare recently. We went for a hike on Friday (Ginger, Willow and I) and along the way she started shaking her head a lot, and when I pet her under her chin/neck she squeaked. Now, this dog has only every squeaked once or twice, not even when her canine was broken. So, I was a litte concerned, and did a thourough investigation at home. Couldn't find anything, and she seemed to be fine. But the vet said to bring her in. Well, long story short, she may have a mild ear infection, but I'm not totally convinced that is all... later that day she also had an eye inflammation (which we adeptly treated), and her pupils were vastly different sizes. That is better now, and no squeaking today, but we are still keeping a close watch on her.
Also, today I mountain biked Apex with a friend who is a really good rider, but nice enough to wait for me. Besides being incredibly hot, it was a blast! I think I did pretty well and only walked the uphill rocky sections, and switchbacks (my nemesis!) and I went down some particularly rocky and steep stuff without any problems. Here's what some of it looked like:
![]() |
| Note - this is not me, just a pic i borrowed from the internet |


No comments:
Post a Comment