9 weeks and 2 days!!! Baby is the size of a grape. Go Grape Grow!!!
Here's some fun new things... I've developed lactose intolerance. Pregnancy is fun! I can take Lactaid to help digest dairy, and a pro-biotic to help me digest things better in general. So, all in all not too bad. I decided to start eating seafood again (just salmon and shrimp) because I don't think I'm getting enough protein, and salmon just sounds so good!
While I'm not nauseus anymore, the food aversions persist. If I cook dinner, I'm less likely to want to eat the food when it's done. Simple things are the best, of course. So our neighbors gave us a bunch of fresh tomatoes from their garden, and I thought fresh tomato sauce sounded good. Cooked down the tomatoes with some garlic, that still all smelled great. I cooked up some frozen raviolis as the sauce was almost done. I get everything together and settle down on the couch and take a bite... the raviolis have aspargus in them and it may as well be bugs. Back to the drawing board! 30 mintues later, I'm sitting down with my fresh tomato sauce over regular pasta. And it's 2 hours since I conceived the idea for dinner. And there goes my evening. But at least I have food in my belly!
And a lot else going on in my belly. My favorite pants are too tight. I'm hunting in my closet for anything with an elastic waist band. When I sit down, especially after eating, I feel pretty tubby. I don't think I'm 'showing' yet, but I'm certainly 'feeling' like I look pregnant.
So I have been wanting to do the whole 'photo journal of belly progress' thing, and I'd like to get started soon! My scientific mind wants a good 'baseline', but now is too late. So I found this picture from our honeymoon. See, I did not have a potbelly before....
That was hiking up to bridal veil falls in Telluride. And you will be seeing more of those yoga pants, I wish all my pants had that roll-top waistband right now.
Here's the latest pic, just snapped a few minutes ago... I kept having Paul re-take it because my belly doesn't look as big as I feel it is.
3 more weeks until I'm in the 2nd trimester, and hopefully food will taste better then!

No comments:
Post a Comment