On Saturday Paul and I had a 'date night', we went to our favorite authentic thai place in Denver, and afterward went to dessert at D bar in downtown Denver. The presentation and the food was amazing! See for yourself....

On Sunday I decided I was going mountain biking, regardless of rain or snow. I was just dying to get on my bike and hit the trail! And, to use my new bike rack that my Dad got me for my birthday. So, I checked the weather in the morning and it said it wasn't going to snow until 2pm. Great, I had all morning, or so I thought. I drove down to Lakewood (south of Denver) and it was snowing there. See how sexy my car looks with a mountain bike on it in the snow???

Not sticking, though, so I thought it wasn't a big deal. Well, apparent non-sticking snow is just like rain, and this trail was SO MUDDY. In about 10 minute my tires were twice their original size, caked with mud, and even if I tried to walk I could barely stand up because the ground was so slick. So I grumpily turned back, my bike and myself covered in mud. I rode up and down the sidewalk for 40 minutes to get the mud off my tires and to get my biking fix. What have I learned?
- Colorado has microclimates, and you never trust the weather report anyway.
- Mountain biking in the mud just isn't worth it, because the clean up SUCKS
- Leanna needs to bike regularly or else they will do silly things like this
So we are thinking of having the wedding in either April or June of 2011. April because it's sooner, and closer to our anniversary. June because the weather would be better and we could have it outside. Any thoughts?
Kira and I were looking at locations online yesterday, and I found this spot and kinda fell in love with it....
http://www.thebarnatemp.com/about.htm
It's about 45 min drive from my house, not too bad. In a beautiful little town in the mountains. Let me know what you think! :)
3 comments:
Ooo!! wedding planning time! I like the Evergreen Park, its so beautiful and green. Outdoor weddings in CO can be tricky as your learning the weather is variable! So I think you have to be flexable and have an indoor backup.
Here is one place I love but it is a little further away. We almost did our wedding here... http://www.ymcarockies.org/home/what-we-offer/wedding
Very nice! I like the look of it too (but you know I have a soft spot for barns.) Did you notice though that the private park dedicated to 'celebrating life' also contains a game park? And a pet cemetery!
Hey Leanna! Wedding planning is so exciting! I looked at the website with the barn at evergreen park and from the photos it looks really nice. I am definitely going to try to make it. If Paul and his mom can come to LA every Christmas I think I can make it to CO for the weekend :) June would be a little tricky for me with work, but I'm sure I could pull it off. Can't wait to see you guys in December!
Courtney
Post a Comment