Paul and I are so fortunate to have wonderful, generous mothers who look after us when we are away for the holidays!!! Both of our moms sent us a box of gifts, and that is most of what we opened on Christmas. Here are some pictures...
Paul's mom sent an assortment of yummy foods (right) and my mom sent a fun puzzle game (left)... but what's that big bug in the middle?

My mom and Jerry sent us this little robotic bug! It walks around until it bumps into something, then backs up and turns around. It will also do the same thing in response to loud noises, like soemone trying to smack it with a shoe but missing terribly...haha! So entertaining!

Here is our little tree, we hope it will survive as a house plant for 5 months once we take the decorations off. I was suprised to end up with so many gifts underneath!!!

Paul dancing in the new slippers he got. I couldn't get his feet and his head in the picture, he's too tall!

Paul is excited about new dress socks! That buys us 3 more days before we have to do laundry...

It's incredibly fluffy and soft, and it's my favorite color! (and I'm wrapped up in it as I type this right now!) It's a cozy throw blanket from Paul's mom...

She also got Paul a number of great DVD's, which we will thouroughly enjoy!

I like the little bells on the gifts. Wish we had a cat to tease with them...

Warm fuzzy robe!!! YAH!!!

And of course, fuzzy Christmas socks!!!! (yep, wearing those right now too)

So far, the holidays have been good to us. This year is the last one Paul and I will spend alone, because from here on out we will be in Colorado and/or Louisiana or California, surrounded by family and loved ones, and I really can't wait for that. We spent a lot of time on the phone this year, but it just isn't the same. We constantly talk about how much we can't wait to be in Colorado again, for so many reasons, but mostly to be close to family. We appreciate all of the support we have received from everyone so far, and in 5 days we will be halfway through our residency! That is reason to celebrate, so we will be going out on New Years and spending way too much money in NYC (you have to buy a ticket in advance to get into the bars in NY on New Years, and they aren't cheap!).
Hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas, Happy Haunnakah, and that your New Years is exciting and safe!!!
1 comment:
how happy you were!
Post a Comment