Monday, February 02, 2009

Month of madness

No way, it's really been over a month? Well, it has been busy, but I guess I'll try to catch up the blog. Between the holidays and work, I just got overwhelmed for a while there...

New Years: It was great! Paul and I went out in the city and had a blast. Pictures can be found HERE. Of course it was expensive, everything in NYC is. But we were with friends and that is what was most important... and it was fun!

The real whirlwind was traveling to Colorado January 14-19th for our family holiday and job interview trip. I met with 5 docs and had one phone interivew, and Paul met with 3 docs. All in all, we both have jobs!! We're still working out the details, scheduling and such. Paul got a sweet deal, the two places he's working at want him on different days, so he is set. The two places I want to work both want me on Wednesday and Friday, so it's been a bit more difficult. One of them said they will move a day, but that only leaves me with three days. Am I going to have to get a third job? Ridiculous. I just want some consistency...

As it turns out, there is a very large, busy, successful private practice (one of the two I mentioned above) that has a doc leaving suddenly in April. They are further south than I had intended to work, but the practice is pretty much my dream practice: multiple docs, established, organized, full scope optometry, successful. So... I have to fly back out to CO for an interview, because we couldn't connect while I was out there. So I'll be in CO Feb 22-24, mostly for the job interview which will probably be a day or 2 day affair. It's serious business, like dating. Everyone swears that once you become partner, it's like marriage. You spend so much time together, and there are so many factors that play into whether or not you get along... I just hope I can get along with an office full of women. The places that I ended up feeling most comfortable at happen to be with female docs, and Paul really 'meshed' well with two of the male docs we interviewed with. It just worked out that way....

In general, things are good, Paul and I are happy and doing well. Work is still beating us down but we are fighting back by being incredibly lazy this weekend. We do have to work on our major presentation (henceforth refered to as 'majors'), which is coming up on March 11th. Mark your calendars, March 11th is when we will be done with the most daunting assignment of our residency: lecturing for 50 minutes to a paying audience of 100+ doctors. We're a little anxious about it, to say the least...

Paul and I recently went out for 'restaurant week' in NYC. That's when some restaurants in town offer a 3 course meal for $35, a way to draw people in. So we went to 3 different restaurants, all very expensive places usually where the main course itself is $25. We ate soooo good. Our favorite was an Indian place called Devi, with the most beautiful decor and delicious food. It was wonderful, and we are going back again... maybe with visitors? :) We have plenty of visitors in spring that we are really looking forward to!!!

Well, time to get back to some kind of work. Plenty to do. Also, movies to watch. I'll try to be better about updating the blog, but I hope it doesn't sound like a broken record complaining about work. I'm sure more exciting and interesting things will come up, they always do...

No comments: