Sharan, Paul, Natalie and Hanish
David is carving the pre-cooked rotisserie turkey I bought at the store. I don't like to cook meat, i'm half vegetarian, ya know...
Paul carving the tofurkey, which was the star of the evening... everyone said it was delicious, even when they thought I wasn't listening...
Everyone lounging around in the post-turkey daze.
The whole group (minus Greg who is taking the picture) on their way back out into the cold.We had a splendid time! I was still in the middle of some kind of flu-bug, so I didn't eat too much at the time.
Greg, Paul and I did get to see a lot of Manhattan while he was visiting! We went to the Guggenheim, the NYC library, Grand Central Station, Central Park, Chelsea, Greenwich Village, Battery Park, and much more, eating and drinking our way through the city. Thankfully I regained my appetite, although I was still nursing a sore throat. Turns out it's true what they say about Hot Toddy's being good for a sore throat... ;)
We went to a restaurant that is the modern version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. We are having chocolate and caramel fondu...
And roasting marshmallows over a little blue flame that may or maynot be carcinogenic.
Greg and I in Central Park. It's very cold.Since Greg has gone home and Paul and I have started up work again, life got crazy. We are supervising interns now, little 3rd years who know nothing about VT (even though we just taught them in VT lab, they have forgotten so quickly!) and look up at you like deer in the headlights of an oncoming binocular vision case. So the next couple weeks may be painful while we get them up to speed, but hopefully they will get there. I'm very grateful for having the last 3 days off from work to catch up on everything, I had pink eye on Saturday so had to stay home from work. Ironic? maybe... Fortunate to have a sick day where you feel well enough to get stuff done? I'll say...
I just realized as I had so many people over recently and received so many compliments on the latest piece of artwork that I've added to my house... I never announced it's arrival formally!!! Well, better late than never. When Kira came out for my b-day, she brought with her a beautiful painting she did that is so very appropriate for this household. (Paul puts his wallet and keys in a plastic model eyeball everyday, we really are nerds). Well, here's the picture, and I can't believe i'm related by blood to someone who can create this, since I can't even master handwriting.
I think it looks particularly intruiging against the brick wall. Sometimes I look at it and pretend that theres a window in the wall and a giant person is peeping in. It's kinda fun, in a creepy way...I think this picture really captures that optical illusion best:
But it really is about the only true piece of artwork we have, and I will forever cherish it. :) Thank you sis!!!Well, the show must go on. So, until next time.... ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment