Wednesday, September 24, 2008

work work work.

I can only say that the increased gap in posting is a reflection of the increased stress/decreased down time lately. In other words.... AAAAHHHHHH!!!! Make it stop!!

Today I had the day off, and I had another dentist appt. this one went a little better because I got about 5 injections to get my back molar numb. But at least I was numb this time.

I worked my first fill-in job on Sunday!!! It was a little dumpy optical shop. The equipment was old, some stuff didn't work, the exam room was a closet (see pic below) but I only had to see 4 patients (the quickest exams of my life) and when I left I took home $300 in cash! The most I've ever gotten paid for anything before, ever. I have two more jobs lines up, one this friday and one in October. It makes for a busy week, i'll say that for sure.



Saturdays still are terrible. I saw 12 patients last week and just about broke down at the end of the day. It just feels terrible to have to double book patients, knowing you can't give them your best because it's split between two kids. And you feel chaotic the whole day. But, it's only one day a week... that's one thing i definitely won't miss when we are done with this program. That and the constantly conforming to other peoples opinions....

Other news:
  • Paul and I are still loving our iphones. They might be our only source of internet soon since our neighbor is moving out next week and taking his free internet with him.
  • I'm presenting a poster at both of the conferences coming up in October!!! Kira did the graphics for it and it looks great!
  • My minor presentation (20 minutes in front of lots of ppl) is coming up on October 31st. All the residents are getting more stressed...
  • Kira is coming to visit the first weekend of October!
  • Theresa is coming to visit the first weekend in November!
  • Greg is coming to visit over thanksgiving weekend!
  • Paul and I have the same day off next quarter!!!
So there are some good things going on. There is also a lot of sleeping, complaining, reading, charting, and tension headaches goign on. But we're getting through. Every day I'm so glad that i'm going through this year with Paul, cause I don't know how I'd do it otherwise.

No comments: