Monday, March 03, 2008

The latest and greatest

I have some wonderful news:

My sister is ENGAGED to the man of her dreams!!!

That pretty much sums it up. She's completely thrilled, I'm thrilled, everyone is so happy. She's getting married in May, and I think it won't be too difficult to pull everything together by then. YAHYAHYAH!!! And, since the stars are completely aligning, I may be able to wear the same bridesmaid dress to her wedding and to Leslie's wedding. They have the same colors... how fortunate. :) I'm really looking forward to helping her plan everything... it seems I've entered the 'everyone is getting married' time of my life, and it's really kinda fun.

So... now... where was I? Getting caught up on life, right...

LA interview at SCCO:
  • Good program, treat their residents well, but may not push them enough. A little too 'fluffy'.. but what else would you expect from southern cali?
  • Clinic has a ridiculous amount of money.
  • The area leaves much to be desired.
  • The best part of the weekend: I got to spend time with my wonderful family!!!
    • My aunt is a spicy irish/british woman, works as a bartender and is a wonderful mom!
    • My uncle is a DJ and although he has an insane schedule, he bends over backwords to take care of their kids.
    • My cousins are 3 and 7, and insanely adorable and smart. I spent most of friday and saturday immersed in games and play time and movies... I ended up with colored highlights in my hair and two pig-tails. Here are some pictures:


We had some fun playing with the timer function on my camera. :)

Synopsis of my new rotation in Fort Collins:
  • The doctors are incredibly both incredibly nice! Dr. B had me over to his house for dinner on the first day of my rotation. He's a really personable guy...
  • The practice is in a small office, busy, and very focused on vision therapy. But they definitely make it work.
  • 5 hours of testing for any patient who goes into vision therapy. A little much, but you do get to make graphs and charts that look really cool, and everything gets boiled down to a standard score. Which matters for anyone who gets tickled pink by statistics...
  • I'm busy, and I'm happy. I'm thrilled with my living situation (except I wish Paul was HERE, instead of 1.5 hours away), I am only 15 minutes away from my sister and 30 minutes away from my dad. It's so wonderful to be near family!
  • Have I mentioned that I love living with Lou, Paul's mom? I couldn't be more comfortable or content... or close to work.
Well, the upcoming schedule still remains about the same:

March 8th: Find out the groundbreaking results of the Residency match program
April 1st: My 2 year anniversary with Paul. Also, April fool's day.
April 7th: Boards Part III: the written portion, taken in Denver
April 19th-20th: Boards Part III: practical portion, very scary. Fly to Portland.
May 10th: Tenative date for Kira's wedding
May 17th: SOLID date for our GRADUATION!!!
May 21st: Leave for europe
etc, etc, etc......

No comments: