Sunday, March 30, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

What a beautiful morning! It's sunday (which means I can lounge in my P.J.'s until noon) and the snow is softly coming down outside to enhance the lovely inch-thick blanket of snow that covers everything right now. It's so peaceful and beautiful and bright! You know, I wasn't sure that I would love the weather in colorado. Snow is nice, but can it replace the soothing and cleansing sound of rain? Well, I think I can get used to this feeling of being inside a perfect little snow globe. It's so bright and happy...

Yes, okay, I'm a morning person. Now the cat is out of the bag, alright? You won't ever hear me say 'oh, i hate mornings,... i don't do mornings.... i'm a night owl' and if you do you can call me out on my lies. I LOVE mornings! I wake up 30 mintues earlier than I need to on week day morning just so I can spend time sorting out my thoughts and catching up on emails. On weekends I rarely sleep past 8am. It's just the nature of the beast that I am... RAR.

So last weekend Paul and I went to a great yoga class... it was free because it was the teacher's first class ever, he was just graduating from 'yoga teacher' school. He walked in to the room packed full of 32 people, mat to mat, and he was floored. You would think some people would freak under those circumstances, but he handled it with positive energy and turned it into a great expereince. Seeing 32 bodies moving in graceful yoga poses for an hour was enough to give him a perma-grin that lasted for weeks, i'm sure. It was one of those things that was so wonderful to be a part of, I know paul nor I will ever forget it. And no one will forget us, because we took a group picture of the class! I've been doing yoga 3x/week and it's really been great. I have even managed to get to the 6am yoga class... a great way to wake up, in a room that's 98 degrees doing stretches and balances. :)

Yesterday Paul and I celebrated our anniversary (Not all of it, just parts A through M) in Estes Park, hiking and exploring the town. We found a cute coffee shop and studied for 20 mintues (boards are in 1 week, by the way... AGAIN, dangit) and then played chess. I didn't realize Paul was so good at chess! Well, I found out quick after he took all my pieces and beat my butt. I don't mind losing to him, though... but there will be more games of chess in the future. We are game people.... my other new game is scrabble. I hadn't ever played it before last week, but it's really great!! I love scrabble! (and you know why? Because it's one that I can actually win! not every time, not even close. But it's possible! Canasta? nope, not really ever.... but still fun to play!)

Here are some places we are staying while in europe if you want to check them out:

Albergo Barbara in Cinque Terre

Camping Michelangelo in Florence (YURTS!)

here is the dress that I'm going to wear to my sister's wedding, except the dress is in red. Lou went shopping with me and took pictures, which was loads of fun:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And for so long, everytime I stumbled upon a blog, I secretly hoped it was someone who proclaimed him/herself a nerd, loved to play chess and LOVED mornings. My wish has come true!

You are my first comment through my new blog, which by the way, I created after deleting 6 of them!