Monday, January 28, 2008

Today's forecast: a light shower of good news

Good news!!! Paul and I passed Boards Part II!!!! Including the TMOD (drugs) section, which was the toughest. So, YAH!!! That's a huge weight off our shoulders...

We still have one more round of Boards to go, Part III in April. But that is a little less stressful, although we have to fly back to Portland for it. It is acually 2 sections, a written and a practical. This is the first year that they have been at separate times. So, since they are only offered at optometry schools (and Denver is about as far away as you can get from any optometry school), we have to each pay an extra $300 to have a special site set up for the written portion, so we can take it in Denver and not have to fly to Portland twice in one month. And yes, no matter how many people take it in Denver (there will probably be quite a few), each has to pay $300. totally bogus.

As expected, Paul and I had a wonderful time this weekend visiting Melissa and Adam out on the Olympic peninsula, where I had 4 fillings done by the skilled hand of Dr. Marr. Although I resisted at first, I must say I really appreciated having the laughing gas for 3 hours of dental work. Saturday we visited with Greg and Eden in Seattle, and sunday we went to a chocolate factory tour with them. I have never eaten so much dark chocolate at once in my life! I felt all dizzy and tingly afterward. We finished the day with my favorite been at one of my favorite pubs, with some of my favorite people. Sunday night I flew back to glamourous and a relatively warm Fresno, with only a slight plane delay. All in all, a great trip but far too short.

If today counts as 'done' (and since i'm sitting at work with no more patients waiting to get my chart notes critiqued, I think we can pretty much count today overwith!), then I only have 8 more days of my most terrible rotation ever. It looks like I will survive withOUT having the passion for optometry sucked from my soul... but just barely.

I'll add some random pics to this post soon, but since I'm at work I cant' right now. Nothing too spectacular.

Can't wait to be in Colorado!! And then New York!! (pretty much anywhere but fresno)

Addendum: Chocolate factory pictures. Everyone had to wear hair nets!!!

loads of delicious chocolate... so easy to nibble your way into overdose!

No comments: