Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fun in Tahoe and the misery that followed.

So, here are some things that have been going on lately:

I knitted some gloves for Leslie...

and then I went to Lake Tahoe to visit Leslie and Bill. Got stuck in a bit of traffic, in the snow.


It was Bill's b-day, and the party had a white-trash theme.

And then we went to a huge party with a wig theme...
Then Leslie, Bill and I went snowshoeing.

I love the snow! It was almost too warm up there... I can't wait to live in snowy weather. And check out the reflection of the mountains in the lake behind us... so purdy.

Then the drive home. I made the mistake of leaving at the same time thousands of other people left the area... I sat on the freeway for 2 hours like it was a parking lot. It took 7 hours to do a drive that should have been 4 and a half. The next day at work, we were short by one resident and the day was horrendous. By the end of the day i had a sore throat. It got worse, and Tuesday was awful and I barely made it through b/c my throat so bad. Today was even worse, I left work at noon b/c i couldn't think or talk or function anymore. I am glad to be at home, but still mostly miserable. wah.

The new doctor at work was the one who told me to go home, and she said if i'm not feeling better tomorrow I can call in sick, and she gave me her phone number. I just might do that.

No comments: