Sunday, November 24, 2013

Trip to Seattle

I know I've been behind on posting, but I finally cannot ignore the plethora of cute pictures on my phone.  Last weekend Willow and I went to Seattle to visit Melissa (and her family) and Greg.  Yes, Willow was on my lap on the plane.  Pictures first, then travel stories later. :)

Well hello there. Would you like to not share with me? K good.

Bundled up and ready to go!

I'm cutest in my birthday suit!!!

Lady with a camera! New best friend.

Future artists right here.  Picasso and Dali.

Snuggle time with Uncle Greg!

Piano time with Uncle Adam. I Love pianos!

Magic buttons that make sound! 

"Little cow, little cow... moo!"

Mom says little cow tickles, but me think it wants to eat my hand... so no, no tickles for me.

My doppelganger is quick, I have to keep up!

Fancy meeting you here...
  And here is the two cuties in action: a short video of them walking down the path.
Tractor work! It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it...
 Getting ready to leave the house: Willow runs circles around Matilda. Literally. 

What? Oh yeah, just taking a break from all that playing. 

Yes, we look giant at this kids picnic table. 

Baby butts are SO CUTE!!!

Cups and water and pouring water and drinking water

Well, this is a first....

I've never taken a bath with anyone before!

You don't bite, do you?

Okay, well then we're good. 

Thanks for the good times Matilda!!!
We did have such a good trip! Willow and Matilda didn't exactly play together, but they were interested in what the other one was doing and wanted to play with what the other was playing with. There were lots of lessons in sharing, and Willow coped with the stress of travel by sleeping and eating a lot (just like her dad).  The trip out was absolutely horrendous, worst travel day of my life.  Willow did great on the flight, then we landed and my luggage was lost.  I had one backpack and a stroller.  So I went to pick up the car and I had to make a stink to get a car seat that would fit her and also face backwards, but then I couldn't figure out how to install it backwards so I left it forward.  After an hour at the car rental garage we were ready to leave, and we sat in awful traffic and eventually made it through target (where I left one of my bags there with the clothes and diapers I bought, the clerk didn't hand it to me).  On the way to Melissa's, in the middle of nowhere, Willow was sick in the car. Everywhere. On everything... including her precious blanket.  So I pulled over and cleaned her up with the 4 paper towels that i had, I didn't even have an extra sweater or anything else.  Paul helped me out over the phone and I realized that she was probably carsick. So I turned the car seat around and faced it rear.  Willow protested quite a bit getting back into it, but then she fell asleep.  I stopped at a gas station and parked right in front of the door to run in and grab some napkins.  10 seconds later when I came out some psycho b$*%& was standing outside my car yelling at me for leaving her in the car alone. My calm retort was that she was covered in puke and I was going in to get some napkins. When she continued to yell at me I just got in the car and drove off, but my nerves were so wrecked at this point that I was disaster.  When we finally arrived at Melissa's house at 7:30 (we landed at 1:30) Willow screamed for 45 minutes, she was hysterical about not having her blanket and being in a strange place. She finally calmed down and went to sleep, and Mommy had a glass of wine.  Whew.  Fortunately, the rest of the trip was great and our trip home was also great.  I did get my luggage on the second day of our trip, and in the mean time luckily Melissa and I wear the same size, as do our daughters. 

To end on a better note, here is an assortment of pictures over the last few months, enjoy!

First of all, here are the cutest two videos of all time.
Willow learning how to say cupcakes... incorrectly.  (Butt-cakes!)

Willow is singing the Patty Cake song.  The video starts at the 'baker's man...' part.  She has most of hand motions, too!

Snuggles with Mom!

I love sammiches!

...and sammiches love ME!

HA, yeah...

Konked OUT.  Cars make me sleepy....

OMG, I look amazing on this camera!

Now that is a nice baby belly...

I love me some front facing cameras.

This is my favorite toy. Tool time with Willow!

Snuggles with Mommy...
More and more fun every day!!!

No comments: