Friday, April 19, 2013

14 months: The cutest age yet. (Until next month)

Things just keep getting better and better. Willow is a total sweetheart, she is easy and a ton of fun.  She isn't walking yet (although today she did take one step without holding on to anything,... and then fell down) but she is talking up a storm! It's so fun to hear her parrot back so many things that we say, and it is a strong reminder to watch the words we use. Here are some fun things that she is saying (she has about 25 words/sayings total, these are the most interesting):
  • What is it? (as she holds it up to show)
  • Where is she? (when Ginger is outside)
  • Bite? (when we are eating and she wants a bite). This one she only whispers, it's so cute.
  • Cheese (she says this without the e's, which I didn't know was possible). She asks for cheese just about any time she hears the fridge open, and at every meal. 
  • Water
  • Wow
  • Shoe
  • Yuck
  • Yah!
  • Brush Teeth (after her last round of milk in the evening, we always go and brush her teeth.  Sometimes she will say this before I even say it, because she knows it is coming up next in the routine.)
Willow's talking makes me feel better that she isn't walking yet.  We practice walking with her, but she doesn't seem all that interested or intent on trying it.  She'll get there eventually!

Here are the latest round of pics and comments from Willow herself....


The many layers of clothes mean we are going somewhere... will there be cheese?

Well this is more like it! My own Chariot! Giddyup, mommy!

Mommy has been talking about this forever! And now she is squealing and giggly . Doesn't she know how much I weigh? This will not be a walk in the park...

OMG, plucky, I have the best idea... 

You sit here and keep on the lookout, I'm going to steal Mommy's purse! My Butt Bear will also keep watch behind me...

MUST.... REACH.... PURSE....

Look at me! I'm Mommy and I'm all busy and I work and I'm so silly blah blah blah!

What? No I wasn't stealing, I was just 'borrowing' it... Plucky told me to!!!

Come on, you gotta love this face... 

Here's your fluffy thief right here... 

Well, I'm off. I can climb off the couch, it's easy to let gravity do the work! But I'm still nowhere close to climbing on TO the couch.

Can I interest you in some contact lenses? I'm staring my optometric training early.

Hmm.... a sandwich.....

Squinty smiles for the camera!

I must have that camera!!!! It is the perfect size for chewing on.

I disapprove of your toy selection.... hmph!

I have 6 teeth, and a 7th just popped thru! It was great!

One for me, one for Ginger... one for me, one for Ginger...

Do you have a problem with my eating style? Too bad!

OMG, this is the biggest ball I've ever seen and it's SO funny when Daddy makes it bounce... 

I want to bounce the ball too, but I can barely reach the top...

Standing and baaaarely holding on. But technically, still holding on.

No, I'm not crying, I'm just filling up my diaper.

The pants are off, it's time to get crazy around here.








1 comment:

Leslie Mountain Dragonfly said...

Nice Charriot!! Double ehh?!?!
And that little girl is pretty cute too :)