Monday, February 25, 2013

Aquarium

Paul, Willow and I went to the aquarium today downtown Denver! (It's right across the freeway from my new office. Yah!)  Willow was having an okay day, and she did seem to enjoy being out and about and looking at all the creatures and scenery, but she also felt a little confined by being only in the stroller or in our arms.  We did let her crawl around a bit and she was thrilled (see below).  We went out to dinner afterward at the aquarium restaurant, and it was overpriced but good.  Willow will try anything once, but will not eat it twice it seems.  She has become adept as fishing food out of her mouth with her finger, or pushing it out with her tongue.  Is that a developmental milestone? Because she's got it down.  At home, we have been working on teaching her NOT to feed the dog, at least on purpose.  We waste so much food trying to get her to eat healthy stuff, it's kind of frustrating. I think we have a mac 'n cheese and grilled cheese sandwich toddler on our hands down the road.... .  Believe me, I have tried. But I have to admit, in all honestly, I really could eat dairy and carbs all the time too. And so could Paul. We DON'T (usually), but it must be genetic.  (Cue parental guilt)

We got some mediocre pictures with our camera phone. Enjoy! :)

I can't help but feel i'm being watched...

This see-through floor is blowing my mind.

Hmm.. still feel like there's someone behind me...

We need one of these at our house!

Kickstand! Ooh, do you see that turtle?

I made friends with the shark! Her name is fluffy.
Here are some random phone shots from the last week.  I visited Kira last weekend, and the girls are so cute together.... (AH! It's so fun to say 'the girls'.....)
Hangin' with my cuz... she's awesome.

All the crinkly things on the floor! All done!

Whaaaat? A skirt on myhead? You so crazy, mama.... 


No comments: