Wednesday, April 11, 2012

So many babies!

It's been an exciting couple of weeks! Two of my good friends have had their babies so far this month, and I'm so excited that everyone is healthy and doing well!!! To think that these 3 little people will grow up together is so neat (kind of... Melissa lives 1410 miles away...).  Melissa had her baby first on April 1st, a healthy 7lb 15oz baby girl!!! And Megan had her son on April 8th, right on her due date, and also on Easter.  So we have a Valentine's baby (Willow), an April Fools baby, and an Easter baby.

1 day old
2 babies, same size, different amounts of time on dry land.
Easter was a blast for our family too! We had a gathering at our house, and with 2 kids and a dog and lots of goofy grown ups, things were never dull.  Kira hid easter eggs for Amrie, and she got the hang of it (after tasting each plastic egg, she put them in the basket).

It's fun taking timed photos with 2 babies and a dog. 
At the end of the day, Amrie was ready to go.  So we all joined in...
 I thought it would be fun to take some pictures of my parents in this rocking chair holding Willow... this chair was purchased unfinished just before I was born. My dad did the finish, and there are lots of pics of it in our family album...



Looking at baby pictures takes on a whole new meaning when you have a kid.  You look back at them with a new appreciation for what was going on at the time. (poo, poo, and more poo).  I have had fun going through my baby pics and Paul's.  I think Willow looks like a perfect blend of the two of us!!! 

 Black and white stripes are one of the first things babies can see. Basically, they can see high contrast and edges of things.  So black and white is a stimulating target for a young infants eyes.  I made a mobile for Willow's crib, this is an image looking up (you can also see the leaves on the wall from Kira's tree).  There are so many mobiles out there that are made with the cute hangy-things facing the adult, not the baby... that's just silly. So I made the pictures point down... you have to climb in the crib to truly appreciate it.

1 comment:

Attefa said...

Leanna this mobile is great! You should totally sell those, I know I'll be asking you how to get one when Michael and I start thinking about cute adorable babies :) Attefa