Friday, April 20, 2012

Back to work...

This week was my first week back at work.  It was a big shift, and I think it will take me a while to get adjusted to balancing parenthood and optometrist (and wife and cyclist).  But we are off to a good start.

Monday was the usual... crying on the way to work, and a few tears once I got there. Luckily I have a very huggable staff, so I was able to get some support once I got there. Everyone has been VERY supportive and understanding. The schedule was cut back from 'full blown chaos' because one of the staff is on vacation, so that helped me to get adjusted as well.  I am pumping immediately when I get to work at 9:15, then at 12:00 if I can find time between patients, then at 1:45 at the end of my lunch break, then around 3:45 between patients.  Then I call home when I'm getting close to finishing to see what kind of a schedule Willow is on, if I'll have a chance of feeding her when I get home around 6:45 or 7pm.  If she is totally off from my schedule, I'll pump one more time before I leave work (so I don't have to set up the contraption at home).  It's a lot of time with the pump at work, but that is what is necessary to keep up my supply. I MISS her SO MUCH when I'm at work, but I get to talk about her a lot since everyone always asks... and it gives me a new appreciation for every minute I spend changing diapers and feeding her, even in the middle of the night.  When I came home on monday, she gave me a sweet smile, a new skill of hers.  I was so happy I almost cried! It's great now that she can recognize her parents and grandparents and give some feedback, instead of just grunts and angry bird noises.

Last weekend I got to visit Megan and Colin. He is a good sleeper! Don't be fooled, she isn't sleeping,  I think she just blinked...

Apparently babies like to have their arms by their face

Baby snuggles! So funny that they are the same size, but 7 weeks different in age...
Willow is now 2 months old! On her 'birthdate', I took some more pictures with her pink giraffe.  We got a little bit silly....



It's fun that she is easy to pose right now, and so small and snuggly... but honestly I can't wait until she is more interactive and can communicate more! It's going to be so neat to see her grow up... I can't wait to see her personality emerge, what her likes and dislikes are... and to watch her discover the world!

No comments: