Monday, November 16, 2009

Mid-November already!?!?

The colorado skies dropped another 10 inches of snow this weekend. I assume it will be gone in a couple days, like the last storm... it melts so quickly, and the streets were really pretty good (well, except for that first night, and Paul was driving, not me...). It's so pretty, and I can't wait to go skiing!!! I'm pushing for a trip up to the mountains next weekend, but Paul wants to wait until there's more snow... I figure we've already bought our passes and skiis, we would just have to pay for the gas! Who cares if it's bad snow, we'd be outside playing in it!!!

The night of the snow 'storm', we were at a gala event in Golden, it was an auction to raise money for the city. We got to get dressed up and eat some fine food, which was fun, and also spend some time with my boss and his wife. A good time was had by all... (anyone recognize that dress? Yep, that bridesmaids dress is getting some use!)

We finally purchased a DESK!!! Click on this link to see a picture.... It wasn't exactly what we wanted, but it was very close, and a little less expensive. I think it's going to work out great. They are delivering it on Thursday, and we can spend the weekend putting things in it. SO much organizing to do, but I think it will be fun. It's going to be interesting to see how much I can get Paul to do, it seems to have a 'brain-frying' effect for him, where it has a 'soul-satisfying' effect for me. :)

As for the hunt for the perfect wedding site (or, any wedding site in our price range!) we haven't been so lucky yet. We have a few places in mind, here are the links if anyone wants to check them out. We are going to go view the sites soon... maybe on the way home from skiing next weekend???

Christies of Genesee

The Pines at Genesee

Red Lion Restaurant

Black Canyon Inn

Also, I'm thinking of borrowing some ideas on a theme from this wedding, kind of a bike theme. I think it's only fitting that bikes be involved in our wedding somehow...

In other news: I'm going to cease working at the practice in Niwot, which leaves me looking for one day a week of work. Paul is doing great with his boss, and me with mine. We are getting ready for a housewarming party Dec 5th, let me know if you didn't get an evite and you want to come. Paul is going gluten-free to try to be a little healthier, and to see if he has less allergy and inflammation problems. I'm thinking of joining a cycling team and starting to race again.

Oh, and tonight we're going to watch Twilight and giggle at it. Teehee....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, we had our reception at the Black Canyon Inn in Estes Park! It was awesome. I highly recommend the open bar. ;) Our friends also had their rehearsal dinner there. I highly recommend it.

greg said...

Crap. That means I've got a year and a half to overcome my fear of bikes...