Thursday, May 07, 2009

April is gone: good riddance

In case you have been wondering what I've been up to in the last month, my time was occupied by mainly one thing: worrying about whether or not I got the job with Dr. Hellerstein. Last week I got my answer: no. I was very disappointed, but quickly bounced back due to Paul's phenomenal consoling abilities (man's got skills). Then, I realized that I don't really have a job at all (except 1/2 day a week with Dr. Hutchins), then I started to freak out again. So.... as usual, I try to turn my freak-out energy into productive energy, and started sending out emails and making phone calls. Have a few other leads, but nothing solid yet.

It has been raining non-stop here! Feels like Oregon but with more thunder. And this is much to the soggy disappointment of Kris and Christie, Paul's brother and his wife, who came out to visit last saturday and left just this morning. They were such troopers, still explored NY and went to two baseball games (Yankees and Mets), went out to see Ellis island and the Statue of liberty, and even did a double decker bus tour, sat on the top in the rain and got completely drenched. It was great to see them, and we can't wait to have some more fun when we move out to Colorado.

Recently went to a Texas style BBQ for Lynn's birthday. About as much country music and food as I can handle for years.


Reena and I:
There were a few guys who came out, but they weren't as photogenic...
There is Texas herself showing off her boots...



We still have one more week to go until the paper is done, and it's going to be quite a week. Tomorrow we will be getting back our paper from two people who have edited it and made suggestions. So there will be lots of criticism to wade through and work to be done.

Overall, things are going well.. still looking forward to Colorado's dry, temperate weather because out here it went straight from cold winter to warm and muggy and it just sucks! Who would want to live here all the time I just don't know. Get me outta here!

PS Don't get me wrong, I'm having a really good time and I'm super excited to explore the city with our visitors... I'm just ready to get to the end of this journey. :)

No comments: