Sunday, April 05, 2009

Updates and Pics

I've had 'update blog' on my to-do list for at least a week, so I guess it's time. First, some pictures from the Eyeball, where we had such a good time, I wish I could do it all over again!

The event was held in a fancy restaurant in central park, it's been around a very long time. A very 'art nouveau' feel to it. Also, old New York money. The trees outside were covered in green lights, very nice touch.


The following saturday (over a week ago now) I went out with some of the residents. Again, we had a great time... we have such a fabulous group.


On April 1st Paul and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary! We are eternally the practical couple, so the gifts we exchanged were of course useful and not frilly. I bought Paul an orthopedic pillow (remember, the one filled with water?), and Paul bought me a full hour massage, scheduled next week. My chiropractor's office was very grateful (the source of both the pillow and massage).

Since we both had to work on the 1st, we celebrated by going on a date the next day. I met Paul at work at 4:30, then we went up to Central Park to see how spring is coming along. Needs a bit more green-ness if you ask me, should be ripe in a few months.

Yes, i'm wearing two jackets and Paul is wearing none. I get cold


Then we went to the West Village for the most efficient date night ever. All the places we went were within 3 blocks!!! First, went to Thai food for dinner, yum. For dessert, gelato that was delicious and quite authentic. Then, we went to Bar 55, which has been open since 1919 and is a cozy little jazz bar. Pic:

Finally we went to another bar with hundreds of choices of delicious beers. We didn't stay long at any one place, and made it home by 9:30. That's efficiency. Yes, we are nerds who may or may not be indecisive about where we hang out.

Paul had a fun little incident on Thursday. He was chatting with a group of 3rd year interns, and as he casually sat on a small table in the room, the table.... well, it must have realized it was inferior, and it crumbled under his presence. Needless to say, he ended up on the floor on his behind. You know the saying, it takes a real man to break a table.... right?

On the job front, Paul is doing great, has 2 jobs that are pretty certain which give him 4 days of work. I'm still waiting to hear back about my job, should find out in the next few weeks. Could go either way at this point. Maybe I'll just let Paul be my sugar daddy and take a little break from all this work. Paul claims that will only last a week, I think I could last at least a month before I got bored.

I took this picture from a subway, we were in the last car. I really like it a lot... kinda mezmerizing.

1 comment:

Leslie Mountain Dragonfly said...

I love the pictures!