Sunday, March 08, 2009

The big presentation: 3 days countdown

I know it's been a month, sorry. We've been getting ready for our 'Major Presentation', which is coming up in just 3 days. It's quite stressful, but at this point we are all practiced up and ready to get this thing OVER with. My presentation is on anomalous correspondence, and Paul's is on congenital nystagmus. Both fascinating topics, but now we are so completely sick of talking about it.

Today was the first day of rest that i've gotten in what feels like months. I practiced my presentation twice (which is a big time investment for a 50 minute presentation), and then watched a bunch of TV (hulu) and finished knitting a scarf. Paul worked at our fill-in job, and we met up for dinner in Hoboken which was so nice. He brought me flowers!!! It was so spontaneous and random, exactly the way I like it. I'm so glad that we can get through this stressful time and still have a healthy and happy relationship. :) I'm so lucky....

I had a job interview in February at the office of my dreams... Dr. Hellerstein and Brenner. It went well, although I was exhausted by the end of the day and a half interview. That's a long time to be on the spot! I got a lot of positive feedback from Dr. Hellerstein, but unfortunately I won't find out if I have the job or not until April, because they have a few other people to interview. Oh, the suspense!!! I mean, I understand the reason for it, but I'd really really like to know. I could use some stability in my life....

I really can't wait to get back to colorado, if only so I can get a breath of fresh air. When I walk out of my apartment, all I smell is dryer sheets (we are next to a laudromat) and cigarette smoke and exhaust. And NYC is even worse. I'm dying to ride my bike again, and hike, and go running outside, and see mountains and horizon again... moving to Colorado is all I can think about.

So only 3.5 months to go. We're going to see a taping of The Daily Show in June... we're going to the EyeBall (formal dinner/dance put on by SUNY) in March... and we have 3 or 4 wonderful visitors coming out to visit between now and June. So, lots to look forward to...

I am hopeful that I'll be more sane after this Wednesday, and able to update my blog more frequently with pictures. Yes, I will. But just not now...

No comments: