Friday, April 21, 2006

injections, exams, and singing

Yah it's friday!!! oh wait... next week is finals week. Nevermind... i'll be studying for the next 168 hours....

While i'm on a quick study break... here's a bit of update. (brace yourself: bragging ahead. But what else are blog's for, I guess? It's nothing I wouldn't tell anyone in person... it just seems weird to write it down. Really, i swear, i'm not totally full of myself...)

During this past week I have...
  1. Survived ocular injections lab! I didn't get a subconjunctival hemorrhage or a black eye or anything (as a few others in my class did... LUCKY!!! they get to make up cool stories and have people stare at them). It was actually kinda neat... i can see giving injections in the future when i have to. Although it might be different without Dr. Lingel and Dr. Smith standing over my shoulder watching my every move...
  2. Well, i don't know how else to say this without sounding like a prissy snotty braggart, so i'll just say it. I won student of the year in my class. So there ya go. I'm very honored and slightly embarassed at being singled out... and now I know that my classmates are probably not plotting against me like i thought. :)
  3. PASSED MY 21 point checkout!!! This means I can do an eye exam, and I'll be seeing patients in TWO WEEKS which really freaks me out. That's gonna be more nerve-wracking, my first real paitent. I hope they are a healthy emmetrope....
  4. Today in our last day of Posterior Segment Disease class, we played Jeopardy. It was pretty invovled and serious, actually... except one little difference. If you were a whiner, you had to sing a song to the class. And I SWEAR, I wasn't whining, I was just confused about what the other group said!!! In any case... yes. I sung the song 'I'm a little teapot', hand motions and all, in front of my ENTIRE class. My face was so, so, so red and I just wanted to crawl into a trap door in the floor and dissappear. But I tried to have fun with it anyway.... that's the point, right? Yeah, at least Burgess had to sing too, and he turned just as red as I did.
So all in all... i'm not ready for finals. I'm not even close. It's going to be a busy crappy weekend, but at least i'm going climbing tomorrow for an hour to get off my butt and do something. It's probably going to be another beautiful weekend, but hopefully there will be many more of those.

only one more week of tests... then i'll be halfway through my opometric education. Whoopie!!!

No comments: