Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fun Facts

Some things I'm learning in optometry school:
  • Don't forget to blink.
  • Solar retinopathy is NOT the result of your retina heating up and cooking like a fried egg.
  • Dr. Casser can talk faster about cataracts than a auctioner ("I'll take a posterior subcapsular for $100, please!!!")
  • There are many, many horrible virions, bacteria, and aberent proteins out there. (note to self: wash hands every half hour).
  • Recipe for a good study session: 2 cups of tea, 3 sweaters, warm socks, a blanket, earplugs, and a spare brain for when the current one gets full.
  • Recipe for sanity: Do all of the following once a week; work-out, drink beer (1-2), laugh your ass off, watch a movie (ie turn off your brain).
  • You can study while you do many other things! Eating, brushing your teeth, listening to lecture in another class, driving (I'm kidding... I wouldn't do that. Would I?)
  • Virtually everyone has some kind of congenital cataracts. They are very pretty to look at...
  • No matter how many pairs of glasses you have, it doesn't make you smarter.
  • If you think about it, I'm paying $531 to take each miserable test. Mmm... makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (Excuse me while I go cry)
  • The color brown is actually really really dark orange. So I can finally say I have orange hair.
  • Pirates used to wear a patch over one eye because they had double vision from being on ships so much, and one image is better than two.
And here's a pretty picture.

I have two tests next week, significantly uglier than the two tests we just had this week. After next thursday, though... midterms are over, and the horizon is clear for at least 2 weeks. I can't WAIT until thanksgiving. Roadtrip, beach, family, friends... fabulous. I'm hanging on to the relief of turkey day more than I'd like to admit.

No comments: