Friday, June 15, 2012

4 months old

Willow is 4 months old today! She is doing great and overall is a pretty happy baby.  We are still trying to figure out a good routine for sleep, it's made more complicated because I get home at 6:45 or 7 when I work (4 days a week), and that is right when she should be doing a bedtime routine. We will keep working on it, but if we could start a consistent routine at say 6:00 and wind down to bedtime, I think she would do much better. Right now she knows being in the nursery with the lights off, swaddled and a paci is an indicator that it's time for sleep.


I was so worried about her growth, but it turns out that my worries were in vain (as worries always are!).  We got her 'stats' at the doctor's visit yesterday, and these are NOT corrected for her prematurity: she climbed up to the 15th percentile for weight (from the 5th percentile) and she is in the 3rd percentile for height.  A shorty like her mama! But she is getting real smart because her head is in the 41st percentile.  All other milestones look good per her pediatrician! So far we are pretty happy with Kaiser for willow. Paul is still trying to find a PCP there he likes... I'll probably switch to Kaiser soon, too.

Since Willow can't talk yet, here's what I think she would say...

Yeah right, you want me to hold hands with this character? You know how I feel about pink!
What's that? No, this is 'coral'....

Whoh, hey buddy, that's a little close for comfort. 

You see what I have to put up with? 

Plucky the Giraffe has a chin and I can eat my fingers. Yah!

Going undercover.... sneaky sneaky. Maybe Plucky won't find me...

Haha! fingers.

I've been found!  Tag, i'm IT.

Hey, you stole my hoodie... 

You gotta admit... Plucky can pull off the hoodie pretty darn well.

Here's a video of Willow chatting it up....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faq0_W4LCrM&feature=youtube_gdata

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, so awesome to see how Willow is growing! Such cuuuute pictures. :)

Unknown said...

^^this was Mary, by the way