Saturday, December 10, 2011

Goodbye, chin.

I think I'm doing a pretty good job of accepting all the changes that are happening to my body. I'm just saying, I  kind of miss my chin.  But at least my arms haven't started ballooning yet.
I'm 25 weeks, or just about 6 months along. I LOVE having a big belly. I am totally one of those women that rubs it all the time.  I LOVE feeling her kick inside me, it's so alien and interesting.  And, I admit, I love playing the pregnancy card.  While I haven't made Paul run to the store for any of my weird cravings (we prevent this by making sure the house is always stocked with cookies and ice cream), he is very helpful in getting me various sundries that I have forgotten to put in arms length once I settle down on the couch with a blanket.  No if we could only get Ginger to fetch me snacks without eating them first....

I'm starting to feel Braxton-Hicks contractions. I know, already! It doesn't hurt, just feels tight. It seems to happen more when I'm running around the office, which is lots.  My office and the bathroom are at opposite ends of the building.

We bought a video baby monitor! What sold me was the temperature monitor for the baby's room.  We usually sleep with the house so cold, we are going to have to keep an eye on that.
Until the baby gets here, we are working on training Ginger out of her crate.  Something that makes me SO nervous, as I envision everything with a scent in my house partially chewed when we get home.  She will eat ANYTHING and she seems to know when she can get away with stuff. BUT she has not met the video monitor yet, which has 2 way sound. So we can yell at her when she thinks we aren't here.  HA! We will give her an anxiety complex about ghosts and maybe that will scare her into leaving the kleenex box alone when we are gone.

Speaking of Ginger.... she has a new found love.  The space heater, which I use in the bathroom in the morning.  She sits so close to it I'm surprised her fur doesn't catch fire. 

1 comment: