Friday:
Greg and Eden hit the ground at 6:00am, and are in hoboken at 7:30am. Record time. So starts our trip. Paul and I had to take a test (I know!!! the cruelty of it...), and after that we ventured to our favorite belgian restaurant, then to the MOMA for fine art viewing, and then to the graduation party for the 4th years. Here's a pic of the organic interior, and two of my favorite people:

Saturday:
Paul and I went to a Special Olympics vision screening in Queens, the drive wasn't too bad and as always those are the best types of vision screenings. They could make the glasses for the athletes right then and there! Very nice. Afterward Paul dropped me off in the city on his way back into Hoboken, and I lounged in Central Park in the sunshine with hundreds of other new yorkers, soaking up the warm sun. Greg and Eden met up with me there and we ventured to Greenwich village and finished off the night with good food, good drinks and superb company.

Sunday:
Brunch across the street to start with, then into the city for a big museum day. We saw the Guggenheim, which was filled with Frank Lloyd Wright's work (eh...) but pretty in it's own way. Then we went to the Park Armory which has a special exhibit by Ernesto Neto... an interactive work that is tactile, olfactory, and absolutely amazing. Pictures below don't do it justice, because you can't smell the colves, red pepper, ginger, and other spices that were hanging from the netting in large quantities. These few pictures are just a sample:




After that we went to a speakeasy-type of bar, where you have to call to make reservations earlier that day, and then you enter a hot dog restaurant, where there's a phone booth. Go inside the phone booth, dial a number, and the back door opens up into a swanky, classy bar that is very reminiscent of the roaring 20's. Very hush hush place. After that we went to the Devi, the most fabulous dining experience that I've ever had. Words cannot describe how delicious this food was... We spent 3 hours there and we were in bliss every minute. It was fabulous.


Monday:
Today! We are getting a late start, I think staying in Hoboken. Eden is off to a glassblowing workshop in Corning, NY and Greg will meet her there on Friday.
In other news: I think we found a house!!!! It looks awesome, and my dad and sister and brother in law checked it out and took pictures... I think we are going to spring for it! The listing is here...
More pics and adventures soon to come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment