Monday, November 19, 2007

First week at the Fresno VA

Last week:
Clinic busy. 20 min lunches. Computer still broken. Cable internet not working. new computer arrives: no drivers installed. Cant' download driver b/c the ethernet driver is not installed. Can't see my old computer screen, so spend 2 hours trying to get online while using a flashlight to see computer. End up frustrated and pissed. I should have been studying for boards. Computers are evil.

Today:
Completely exhausted. I saw 8 patients today, most of whom were deaf and I had to yell 1 foot from their ear. My last patient had alzheimer's so he couldn't fight the reflex to open his eyes for ANYthing. I had charts from last week to finish, so I sat in front of the computer for an hour after clinic to finish up 13 charts. Contemplating going to bed... now.

Still trying to get new computer up and running. Not sure what to think about refurbished computers.

On the bright side: living at home is really not bad. Mom always has something tasty cooking in the kitchen, and I try to help out as often as possible. I put my dirty laundry in this bin and it turns up later clean and folded on my bed... it's like magic!!! :) She knows she is spoiling me, and i know i'm being spoiled... we have a mutual understanding. It's great...

I can't wait until boards are over... I haven't knitted in a week!!!! Or exercised. It's pathetic...

No comments: