Today I went to the REI used gear sale and made out like a bandit! I got a few clothes, some awesome shoes to hike in, a TRUNK RACK for my car, a lightweight rainjacket that isn't huge... all for a little over $100, and all stuff that I needed. Then I went home and did my budget for the semester, and got depressed.... that was the end of my shopping for the semester. Oh well, you really can't beat the deals on that stuff.
Now, I'm not trying to draw attention to myself or anything, but I just thought I'd mention this for the forgetful out there... my birthday is in a month (October 8th). I do not expect anything from anyone, and that is certain. However, if you have cash burning a hole in your pocket and you just want some suggestions, here are a few...
Anything from the store Lush. They have home-made bath products... that smell delicious.
Anything related to backpacking (stove, water purifier, nalgene bottle, pots, etc) But most of it is expensive, so nevermind. Actually, anything outdoorsy... I'm a sucker for the outdoors. You could send me an envelope full of pretty leaves and I'd be thrilled.
Okay, so maybe I wasn't too specific. And maybe it sounds like I'm asking for things, when really this is just for a few people out there (you know who you are.... Greg, you're still off the hook....again, thank you!), but at least this way i can be somewhat suprised. I don't want to make a big deal about b-days... I'll probably be up to my eyebrows in school work about that time, anyway...
Random thoughts:
Has anyone every participated in cow tipping? I have doubts that it can be done...
Did you know they are making an electronic nose? Well, they may be able to replace the nose, but they can't replace the amygdala...
Now, this is going to bring down the entire field of refractive surgery: LASIK at home. Any takers? (how are these people not being sued out of their mind???)
If you want to get lost in a website of optical illusions, Michael Bach can keep you entertainied for hours on end...
enough of that silliness.... back to work.

No comments:
Post a Comment